Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crazy Quilling :)


I called this crazy quilling. I saw a beautiful picture of a wall hanging in one of the quilling books I went through at the annual book show this year. It was a  very creative paper art. Now I know that this is called  multi scrolls, the name I found out very recently on face book. Did not know how exactly it was done but being a person who never gives up till I find out how it is done, I experimented with many strips pasted together till I mastered it and went on none stop, thrilled that I got the art correct.

This Picture was not planed at all. I kept on pasting what ever I made till I got this picture. Makes me really laugh cause the very first comment I got on face book was "beautiful onions".I think the name fit. Now you are raking your brains to think where on earth I got those colours :). Since I was only experimenting, I did not want to waste my strips of paper. So I cut a magazine which had very colourful pictures into 1/16 inch strips and made these scrolls and it really came out fine. Now may be I will use up all the pages for quilling. In case some of you may not know the method, it isn't difficult. Paste about 10 to 15 strips together at both ends and roll up one end. You would get a lovely shape. Try it. It is fun. Good luck and happy quilling till I come up with another quilling :D

13 comments:

Artes de Nágela said...

Bravo!

Very beautiful and creative!

Mihaela said...

Very beautiful multi scrolls creation!!! I love this technique and the results is always great. Colors you have used are lovely.

Neli Quilling said...

Интересна идея ,като форма!Получила се е много интересна композиция!Нюансите от списанието са допринесли още повече за това!Поздравления!

Baukje said...

Congratulations what a beauty I love it!
Greetings Baukje

Sathya said...

Very lovely design....

SUSAN said...

so beautiful, Annie

chillin with Quillin said...

there really awsome, like the idea with magazine pages, the shapes look easy enough, but trying to glue tem down, keeping the shape looks like it would be hard, I'd be afraid mine would turn out as crumbled up art,lol!!!
Paula

Soraya said...

breathtaking!

Nati said...

Wow!!beautiful!!
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Lee Rae said...

Anastasia, thank you for the great tip on how to do this technique. I have been trying unsuccessfully to create it for a project I am working on. The instructions I have are not very clear. So I was having lots of trouble with it. I will try doing it your way and I bet it will work wonderfully. Thank you so much.

PS: I have been using your Comb technique to make leaves. I love them!

kiddo said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! And for sure it came very well with the magazine paper, it gives a very lovely combination of colors!

Archana said...

Hi Anastasia,

Beautiful work indeed.... I would love if you could post a tutorial on the same.....

Archana said...

Hi Anastasia,

Beautiful work indeed... I would love if you could post a tutorial on how to making these scrolls.....

Archana