Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lord of the Jungle (paper quilled Lion)

           
              In keeping with my promise to do at lest, two projects for the month, I just completed my 2nd quilling for the month of  February. It was my idea to do a lion with a landscape background but had to do with only the head as I ran short of red brown paper. You quillers may know how difficult it is to find shades of brown. But I think this would do as hanging on to a particular quilling for long gets bored and you feel like dumping it off. Now I may stop quilling for a while for a break & consider another hobby. Some times I wonder if it is a waste of time, as all my quillings are piling up in a box. May be I should start a business :)
 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anastasia I loved your quilled lion. The shades used are beautiful.
http://athomecanbefun.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ooh my God!!!!
It is a masterpiece!!!!
Great great work!!!!

chillin with Quillin said...

Again your Lion is gorgeous as all your work is, please dont give up quilling your my inspiration!
I really think you should sell them, people would love to have them, it would make room for your new projects,lol, and it would help to keep stocked up for more materials.
hugs
Paula

Unknown said...

It's a stunning piece of artwork and my goodness you could sell this with no problems!!!

I started quilling 3 years ago and I am always so amazed and hope to be this good someday.

Happy quilling

Smita Satish said...

OMG..this fantastic Anastasia..love it

kalanirmitee said...

Superb!!Great work...Loved it.

Shylaashree said...

the eyes are so real. the ferocious lion is very calm after you touched it mam
Adhiraacreations
Healthy recipes

Molly Smith said...

This is amazing, Anastasia! YES, I agree with Pat on selling your work. I know there is not one that I wouldn't purchase! Etsy is easy, easy to start selling - worldwide! Love this lion's head ... fabulous!
hugs from Texas, xo

Ann Martin said...

Simply gorgeous and fierce. I love the way you did the color shading.

Christine said...

Heh Heh!! know the feeling Annie, I just give them away as gifts!! Your lion looks stunning. Tell me what you think of my bluebird.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

ileana-carmen said...

I like this project very much. It is beautiful. And I want to say to you that I am "leo" on horoscope....:)

Philippa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Anastasia - I love the way the colours are blended.
Philippa

Suman Pandit said...

This is awesome....no words to describe its perfection!!